"What in the world would we do without our libraries?"
Katharine Hepburn



Saturday, October 1, 2011

Facebook Account

The West Palm Beach Public Library

I decided to use a local library’s Facebook to blog about.  This Facebook Account is regularly updated. These wall posts include upcoming programs, cancellations, and community education resources such as a post about job search resources and computer lab help. 

I like the information link with a map to find the library.  I also enjoyed looking at the photos.  I wish there would have been more albums. For instance, I know the library has a Polar Express event each December and uses the city trolleys (like the train), which travel their regular route (5 or 6 stops) in downtown West Palm Beach, FL.  I would have loved to have seen some behind the scenes photos for this event.  A suggestion I have to make this account more user friendly is including a monthly listing with the events link.  Viewers need to go to the West Palm Beach Public Library Homepage to see which events are coming up.  It would be convenient to include the events here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment