"What in the world would we do without our libraries?"
Katharine Hepburn



Friday, September 23, 2011

Bookmarking

Here is the link to my, currently in progress, Delicious account...
http://www.delicious.com/SamCrawford

10/2/11 - additional note on Delicious

I finally finished my Delicious Account.  Now, at first I decided I just wanted two tags - Web2.0Examples & UsingWeb2.0.  This was to organize the two types of links I was adding.  Then, I was reviewing the RSS Feeds and viewing some of my fellow classmates postings.  I decided I wanted to add more tags.  Then, I became a little frustrated.  Once a tag is attached there doesn't seem to be a way to delete or edit just one tag.  This issue occurred due to quick typing or another mistake, like not adding a capital or an "s" that I wanted to change and could not; I would edit, delete tags, save and when I went back to my main delicious page the unwanted tags were still there.  I ended up deleting three links and re-saving them. [One link - the New York Public Library Facebook - still has a tag I would like deleted; it has both Web2.0Example and Web2.0Examples and I would like it to only have Web2.0Examples.  This way when viewing my page one can narrow down with Web2.0Examples and all five of these links will be together and then one can narrow down further.]  Maybe someone has a different way to edit these tags I don't know about.  If you know how I can delete the "Web2.0Example" tag without deleting the whole link please comment here.  Thanks.
I understand our tags will bring others to the links but it would be nice to change or delete a single tag on a link.  It is easy to add them --- lots of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment